The digital age has changed the way brands interact with customers. Initially, social media was only used by brands to send adverts to their customers. But soon, social media channels started using new ways to market their products and services to their customers. Today, marketers around the globe have just one goal – to get the brand closer to its customer community. It is all about engagement, service and support. For these reasons, customer care is the new marketing.
Customer care marketing has existed in the marketing rulebook for several years; however, it has never been recognised. Delivering an amazing customer service gets customers to come back along with their friends. Word of mouth marketing is one of the most powerful marketing strategies. Handling customer service on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter is an easy way to amplify your customer service story.
When we talk about social engagement, we are referring to replies, likes, dislikes or any other interaction in general. When a customer posts a good or bad comment, the world can see it. They can also see how the company responds to the comment, if at all it responds.
For those who haven’t still embraced social media as a powerful customer care service channel, here are few reasons why you may just want to get social.
- Get social: If your company does not have a social media presence, it’s time to get social. We at Floret Media can shape a solid social media plan for you.
- Use channels that your customers are using: Before choosing a social media channel, analyse the channels your customers are using. That’s a good place to start.
- Invest in software that monitors how often your brand is mentioned on the internet: These will able to help you track mentions, comments and reviews. It is very important to know who is talking about you.
- Respond to every comment/mention: One of the biggest social media mistakes a company can make is ignoring social posts, reviews and comments. Because it’s a social world, others are watching to see how you respond to comments, especially comments. Needless to say, all brand mentions have to be acknowledged.
- Respond ASAP: If not responding to a social media post is a big mistake. Not responding quickly is an even bigger mistake. If you are in the social media game, do it right now. Do not wait for others. Not responding to negative comments can earn you a lot of backlash.
- Be personal in your responses: A robotic or canned response may work initially, but over a period of time, people might pick up on the insincerity of the response. Make it personal. Copy paste will not work.
Social media care is more than just customer service. It is a form of inexpensive marketing. Engage with customers, get social with them. Respond to customer questions, complaints and comments. By doing this, you will go a long way in earning a name for yourself in the world of social media.